Sunday, December 6, 2009

Oh.My.Gaudy

Hello Lovelies! :-)
I had a date last night... With someone that I was interested in back in High School...
And by interested I mean had a HUGE crush on... He was my Mr. Everything back in the day... He was older, he had a car, he was working, dressed nicely....
*side bar* Back then (like it was so long ago) Dressed nicely was making sure you weren't perpetrating and mixing brands, your J's or 1's weren't dirty or leaning and your hair was neat*
Anyway.. He was pretty phenomenal.. In my eyes at least. So, he reached out on Facebook (::Le sigh::) And we decided to meet up for drinks. Conversation was going, and drinks were flowing. And it started off rather nicely. Until we got to that question that can Make or Break a perfectly wonderful date... "So, why are you single?"
SHIT
What are you suppose to say... "Well the last dude I was with was a total DEUSCH.. Well actually, all the dudes I've been with have been total deusches.."
No.
Or.. "Well.. I just haven't found anybody that's about to handle me being a strong, independent (not gonna lie, had to sing the song to spell that word..) woman who doesnt need anything from anybody. I can do shit on my OWN"
Ummm....No.
Or, you could just be honest.. "I have anger issues, I'm spoiled, I jump to conclusions, and I get jealous very easily"
Hmmmm....
We may have something here.. As I sat there listening to his.... umm "reasons"... for being single, and contemplated what I was going to say in turn, I thought about how easy life, and relationships would be, if we were honest about everything! And not just to other people, but to ourselves..
Interesting concept huh?
Now Wait.....
I know what your thinking, "I'm ALWAYS honest" Take a good look at yourself and really truly think about it.. Are you always honest? Essentially when we first meet and make the decision that we like someone, we sell ourselves.. When you go to the car dealership, they dont tell you all the negative things about the car.. They gloss over the negatives, and enhance the positives. That's what we do.. It's human and really nobodies judging. But maby, just maby if we were upfront about our scuffs, nicks, replacement doors and scratches that would save a lot of bs and breakdowns later on down the road.
Today's Confessions:
  • I will confess this is not high school, and he is no longer Mr. Everything
  • I will confess I'm not ready to jump back out there just yet..
  • I will confess that the whole time I was on my date, I kept wishing it was someone else. (No shade though)

Well.. That's all the proverbial wisdom I have today.. Cant say much.. It would be like the blind leading the blind.. Wait, where are my Armani glasses, maby I'll be able to see a lil clearer :-)

Kisha_Fashionista

No comments:

Post a Comment